The Latest in Autism News

I subscribe to a number of autism related feeds on Facebook, with friends who are also interested in what is going on in the area of autism search for the cause and treatment.  I tend to gravitate toward those who, yes, believe like I do that we can find a way to help these kids recover from their condition.  There are skeptics, of course and those who say we should just accept things as they are, although doing what we can to help kids “learn how to ride the bus” for example.  Um, that’s simply not good enough.

What is of primary interest is the cause of autism, which has been debated for years.  Studies have shown that there is a 15% chance that autism is a result of genetics, which leaves 85% occurring as a result of unknown causes, possibly environmental.

There has been a suspected gut-brain connection to autism (leaky gut), which many parents have noted with their autistic children having GI issues.  Finally, the American Association of Pediatrics has recognized the association between gastrointestinal problems and Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD.)  Here is a brief description of gut dysbiosis from someone who quotes from Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride, the author of Gut and Psychology Syndrome.

Well this last month, more exciting news has come out regarding a study that shines a much needed spot light back on vaccines where  “Empirical Data Confirm Autism Symptoms Related to Aluminum and Acetaminophen Exposure“.  So, all the time I was advised to give my child Tylenol when they had their shots, ended up increasing the odds of developing autism.  Awesome.

On the vaccine/autism connection, at the end of November, a Congressional hearing was conducted regarding the epidemic rate of increase in autism and what the National Institute of Health and the CDC have been spending millions of dollars focusing on to address the issues parents are concerned about, especially in regards to research.

Members of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee questioned representatives of the National Institutes of Health and CDC about research priorities and subsequent results. A second panel of autism advocates testified about concerns ranging from research to services for people with autism.

Numerous congressmen on the committee harshly criticized the NIH and CDC for a lack of effective research results, while agency officials at times struggled to come up with answers. The safety of vaccines was discussed, an issue that NIH and CDC insists is not linked to the rise in autism. However, many parents still steadfastly believe vaccines are one of the causes of the disorder. Members of the House committee recounted instances in which parents told them of children developmentally regressing immediately after being subjected to vaccines.

The issue of mercury in vaccines, not to mention the vaccine schedule was rightly discussed and in my view, should continue to be discussed until we figure out what is going on in the regards of all the additives put into vaccines, not to mention the fact that aborted fetal cells are also in certain vaccines and with their introduction, autism rates also increased.

Sound Choice Pharmaceutical Institute reported in their last newsletter:

Fetal DNA contaminants are known to be able to insert into DNA and could disrupt gene function and cause mutations in our children.  In 2011 and 2012 over 30 top academic universities have published data showing that children with regressive autism have hundreds of new mutations that are not inherited from their parents genes.  The FDA has been worried about DNA insertions since they first approved using aborted fetal cell lines to make vaccines.

Excuse me?  What?  The FDA has been worried about this since they approved using aborted fetal cells in vaccines?  What the hell?  And they did it anyway?  My confidence in the FDA is rapidly declining, especially with also reading this.

Now, whether or not you are pro-life or pro-choice on the issue of abortion, this certainly deserves more research, don’t you think, not to mention more press?  Very few people even realize that there are aborted fetal cells in vaccines, even doctors.  But, the inserts (who asks for these when vaccinating?)  for your child’s MMR (the Rubella portion) and Chicken Pox, to name a few, don’t hide the fact of aborted fetal cells are contained within the vaccine.

Sound Choice brought up another point regarding vaccines and autism that I want to emphasize, if you don’t look at their newsletter:

Children are universally exposed to these aborted fetal produced vaccines. The media publishes stories about the numbers of parents who refuse vaccines, the disease outbreaks we are seeing, and the fact that autism has continued to increase, implying that vaccines are unrelated. What the news does not report, however, is that parents tend to refuse only one or two of the up to 36 vaccines their children receive. Parents have been refusing vaccines they believe contain mercury, not the aborted fetal produced vaccines, so of course autism has continued to rise. Today, children receive up to 10 jabs with aborted fetal contaminated vaccines, starting as early as 2 months of age.

This is not news to ignore and what is apparent is the powers that be, like the NIH, CDC and the FDA need to be continually challenged regarding their own studies, especially in regards to how objective they truly are and see what needs to be done so that our kids, the future of our country and our world, are not placed upon the alter of Big Pharma, or whoever else is profiting off of the sufferings of these 1/88 kids diagnosed with autism, in addition to the countless others who have other childhood conditions they are struggling with (ADHD, Asthma, Allergies, etc.).  Perhaps we need to look at the whole vaccine issue again and at the least see what is necessary and what isn’t.  What ingredients are harmful and making not only more ethical vaccines, as SCPI is trying to do, but safer ones.  How many vaccines are truly necessary at one time?  I’d say, no more than one at a time, and that can be for numerous reasons.  I don’t care if it saves the drug companies money, but no more bundling of vaccines, either!  Perhaps it’s just a pipe dream, but the swell of public opinion, not to mention research is mounting and by God’s grace, I’m hopeful the tide can begin to turn.  I mean, why not?  Why does financial profit trump the life long health of our kids and the rest of us, for that matter?  (The aluminum in flu vaccines have been linked to Alzheimer’s as well!)

In the mean time, getting these kids healed and recovered needs to be of primary focus and our government needs to be held accountable.  This is an entitlement that our kids are owed.  More on that with another post.  However, our goal isn’t to have 1/88 kids on public assistance for the rest of their lives.  We can’t afford that as a country.  Wouldn’t it make sense to have them be productive members of society and help make our country great?  In that regard, recovery has to be the goal and we need to now see what is going wrong in the autistic child and see how to heal them.  Diets, like the GAPS diet, is a great place to start and the earlier, the better.  It can be done, and as you know, that is our goal with Joshua.  Thank you for joining us on his journey toward that end.

 

This entry was posted on Thursday, December 13th, 2012 at 3:36 pm and is filed under Autism Diet, Autism Treatment, Diagnosing Autism, General Autism Info. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

 

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.